2.05.2008

fourteen days of love-#5

"ellen & her show"



i have my dvr set to auto-tune, so at three o'clock (pm!) nash and i start bustin' a move-cause it's ellen!!! nash usually stays up till after the dancing segment, then goes down for a nap, so you can imagine that before the ellen show comes on he's getting a little grumpy. but when he hears that music he's instantly happy and dances to the music with a big smile. i've been trying to capture this on camera but no luck yet (just you wait!).

back in college (that's a funny thing to say), and back when i went to the gym regularly (that's not so funny to say), laura and diane and i would go at ten (am/the old ellen time) and we'd run on treadmills while watching. it's one of my fondest memories of those times-everytime ellen would make a funny (which is like every other second cause she's so freakin' funny) we'd all look up and down the row of treadmills grinning as if to say "did you hear that?" and "oh, my heck she's so funny!". i guess you had to be there.

anyway, i love the great memories that a simple thing like watching the ellen show brings into my life. that on top of the fact that i love her and her show. in fact, i'd set my alarm for three am!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the Ellen show. I too record it. I love coming home from work and watching Ellen (with no commercials). I sometimes plan my workouts so I can watch Ellen while I run (its on at 4 down here).

Alifinale said...

I love Ellen too! She makes me happy and I have it on DVR. Brian told me he read an article that said she was the WORST person to work for. I choose not to believe it even if he has strong evidence, how could she be mean when she is so funny?

PS - I love the Marshmallow game that she keeps doing. I so want to go on and try that. And Emery dances to Ellen too!

gina bina said...

Ellen is the best! I should DVR her...

{lizzythebotanist} said...

ali-i refuse to believe that! how could someone who does so many nice things on her show be a mean person off camera? i mean, not that it can't happen, but i just refuse to believe that she's that person. are you sure the article wasn't about tyra? oh, i hate her.

Sammy Pow said...

A quick google search revealed this. I'm sure I could find tons more evidence, just don't care.

Jennifer said...

In my 3 months of unemployment I've rediscovered my love for all things Ellen. She is so sharp, witty, savvy and just plain cool! I really really want to go to her show one of these days. i hear it is just a blast! Wanna come with me??