5.10.2007

my first holga


a few years ago, before i met steve, i was taking an ethnobotany course to prepare for a trip to tonga. half the class was going to study art, half to study ethnobotany. our prep course was combined and one of the art teachers had us all purchase Holga cameras. he helped us modify them (they are light-leaky when you buy them) and sent us snapping. i never developed the roll-until yesterday. i guess i didn't wind the film correctly, so the shop only managed to salvage a few pics. this one is my favorite. more to come....when i'm home on the glorious mac.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

That is a sweet pic! I have never even heard of a Holga camera. What exactly are they? Are they expensive? We just barely bought a new nice camera with some tax return money, but I'm a total novice! I'm excited to learn more about the art of taking a good photo.
Awesome that you went to Tonga, too!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

ha. no they are insanely cheap. they look like toys...i think mine was $23. film and developing are a little more costly than 35mm, though.

oh, and i guess i failed to mention that i DIDN'T end up going to Tonga. I didn't feel right about it so I stayed in Provo. And good thing-that's when i met my two best friends who introduced me to steve!

Amy D. said...

I love the look of Holga's. My friend Amy was into these for awhile.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

amy- your friend amy takes the most amazing pictures. i look at her blog and feel like a talentless blob.

Jill said...

What is a Holga camera?!