4.05.2007

bitchin hookie baby dude

i am a grown woman, right? at least, if you go by age (26), one would most likely classify me as such, right? then why, oh why, do i feel like i am a kid playing hookie?

i've been sick on and off for three weeks now, so this morning (after coughing up a lung all night long) i decided i would, once and for all, take a stinking day off from work. but it's not any fun. okay, i wasn't expecting it to be a party; i just expected to be able to relax, read, nap and feel better. but i don't! i feel guilty and worried. i keep checking my work email so i can respond in the hopes that no one will notice i am not there. am i a workaholic? i even started questioning my illness-am i really sick or am i faking it? are you kididng me? why would i fake an illness that doesn't allow me to speak a full sentence without falling over coughing?

and on top of that, i wish i wasn't sick so that i could pretend i was and play hookie because it is an insanely beautiful day!

in other news: stevie bevie is most likely the worst baby-dresser ever. when he brings nashers to me at work everyday, i find that nash is either 1.) still in his jammies 2.) still in his clothes from the day before (which means stevie bevie put him to bed without jammies) or 3.) in the most randomly nasty outfit you can imagine. yesterday as i left the house for work, stevie promised me that he was cooking up a big surprise. i somehow knew what this meant, but i did not imagine that he would take it this far:

the picture really isn't doing it justice, so let me try to embellish. no pants, just a diaper (and a full one, of course). ripped off sleeves, spit up (he had eaten carrots) all over. and if you can't tell, the shirt (in sharpie) says "bitchin dude." diamond days, (<-click it!) here we come! i think child services is on to us...

6 comments:

Jill said...

Awesome. So what you should do is, let Nash wear that around for a few days then don't wash it and he can wear it to Diamond Days next year. This way it was be really dirty and way too small. He will fit right in.

ps. why dont you have a picture of me up on that DD post?

Jill said...

also....you still sick? Sean and I wanted to go see a movie with you guys tonight (Fri). I know its not very much notice but we would love for you guys to join us. I don't have your # so have stevie bevie call shawny wanie?? Ya that does not really work.

Alifinale said...

Sorry you are sick. That is no fun. I think BA and stevie must have the same genes b/c Brian never wants to take Emers out of her PJ's. That shirt is pretty dang cute anyway!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

billiejean-you are a woman of the same trashy heart as me! i thought the exact same thing. nothing like ten month old formula stains (yes, formula) on a crusty torn onesie!

p.s. stevie works tonight, and i'm even more sick. let's plan for next week sometime. or tomorrow night....i'm pretty sure he has it off. i'm sleeping hard core tonight so i can be better tomorrow.

DC United said...

hehe...I love it. He is one bitchin' dude.

You do get some credit, I'll admit. Your blog is really good. You've got a way with words...sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I want to vomit. You should write for hollywood...

London's over the baby einstein thing...she just likes the Disney movies mostly. She liked it back in the day but has outgrown them because she's too smart ;)

{lizzythebotanist} said...

DC United-
you are so hoity toity! london may be smart, but i bet nash could beat her up. he's a physical prodigy with muscles of steel-thus the bitchin muscle shirt. and with all the genius genes he's got (mostly from my side-i kid-from both sides) he's bound to beat her in school too. so watch out. and DO NOT dis the baby einsteins again.