4.13.2007

banana spoons


a week shy of five months-nash sure loves to eat and is quite independent when it comes to eating his solids. bananas are a favorite, but itty bitty baby bowels beware! he's becoming a little spoon-feeding expert all too fast. okay, i have to load the spoon, but he is fast on the grab and can find his mouth rather quickly. the problem comes after he licks that spoon clean-he won't let go and a messy battle ensues (while he simultaneously screams for more). motherhood is slowly teaching me to let go of my anal retentiveness when it comes to a clean house; most feedings are a royal mess and i enjoy it! good thing we've got lexis lucille 3 to clean up the messes!

6 comments:

Alifinale said...

He's so cute! That is the best thing about having a dog - you don't have to mop after every feeding. The trick is to give him his own spoon.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

give lexi her own spoon? i don't get it.....and what ended up happening with rusty? sorry if it's a soft spot but we've been wondering....

Melanie said...

I agree about the spoon thing. And I think she means give your son, not the dog, his own spoon to play with while you use a different spoon to actually feed him with. He'll likely still want to dip it in the food and it will be a little messy, but my guess is he won't fight you about it anymore. My daughter is a lot older (21 months), and mostly feeds herself, but sometimes I still have to help her at the bottom of the bowl, and the two-spoon method is key to success.

Hope this helps!

Alifinale said...

Yes, by him I ment Nash, I know that Lexi is a "she". Buddens got it right.

About Rusty...we have a friend who has decided to take Rusty (trial run first). He has a giant German Shepherd and wanted to get a buddy for his dog. He has watched Rusty when we have been out of town so we are feeling pretty good about this. He is going to pic him up on Wed. Sad days, but we are so happy to find him a home.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh-ho-ho. that makes more sense. two spoons it is. i'll let you know how it goes tomorrow! thanks for the tip!

melbo said...

Liz I love your site! It actually took me a minute to figure out who you were. It clicked though after I saw you were married to a Steve and mommy to a Nash! You probably vaguely remember meeting me after your delivery... Nash is a little stud! I look forward to reading about more of your adventures :)