11.06.2009

meet the yip yips!

i had plans to take some photos of us in our costumes, alien style, but steve hasn't been home before dark all week. not that he's been out late, but it gets dark so early! so, i stole a few pictures from stacy and here we are: the yip yips!



i made the mouth pieces removable so we could eat and chat once the novelty wore off. we were able to see out of the black fabric, but no one could see in! these bad boys won us "scariest costume" at friday's party and "best couple" at saturday's. it brought both screams of terror (lauren's little girl dropped to her knees screaming and nash ran from me) and laughter. it was a really fun costume. and the best part? i didn't have to worry about putting on make-up, doing my hair, or wearing cute clothes. (mr. greene, i hope you are proud of my non-sexy look!)

we also had a little contest/game at saturday's party and took the prize there as well-that's the freaky photo of stevie the alien made from tape and q-tips.

lest you begin to think that we are an unbeatable force, let me tell you about friday's big road rally. five teams, four clues, four locations. jessie, one of our team members, knew the location for each one because she'd done the exact rally before. YET we came in dead last because my sweet stevie refused to drive over the speed limit, nor would he come close to meeting the speed limit. there may also have been some minor injuries along the way. happily, we are staying married, although it came pretty close to the alternative for a few minutes! apparently i'm competitive and stevie is fearful of the law. notes taken for next year!

yip yip!

8 comments:

lisset said...

i cannot stop laughing. those are some superb costumes my friend.

J-ROK said...

BRILLIANT! You and your sewing machine need to move back to Venango COunty!

gina bina said...

I am laughing so hard. Best costume ever.

naomi said...

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIP YIP YIP YIP!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

oh my those are great...however did you come up with those?! It is always best for a future lawyer to not have a police record, but who would have ever guessed that he would grow up to be cautious!?

Alifinale said...

That was my favorite Sesame Street skit. Holy Cow! I love those costume. Can I borrow them for next year? Hilarious.

bulkleybunch said...

am i super retarded? the costumes are incredible but i don't know what a yip is? and did you make those? i suck.

Melissa said...

You have some serious artistic skills. Every time I look on your blog, I'm so impressed by what you can do.