4.25.2007

nash (hearts) water



here he is! my five month (i can't even believe that..) old baby boy. no doubt, the cutest baby boy in the world. at least in my eyes-but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

i've decided that there is a reason that genetics play a role in how our children look. you look at yourself everyday in the mirror and that face you see becomes normal and beautiful to you. it is fun to recognize something of yourself in your child, because you are used to seeing that in yourself. maybe that's a little narcissistic, but it explains why every mother thinks her baby is the cutest baby in the world (when some clearly are not). and why so many babies live rather than become "shaken babies"(come on, i for one, would have killed nash during the acid reflux days had i not thought he was the cutest thing ever!)...

5 comments:

Alifinale said...

He is the cutest! You guys make a dang good combo. I have noticed that you spend so much time just staring at your own baby, loving all their little features and knowing every inch of them that when you see another baby they look weird to you at first because it isn't the same as your baby.

Melanie said...

He is so cute. I can't wait until the weather here (New England) gets warm enough to swim!

I agree, Ali. For the longest time I got so used to the way Gretta looked, I was almost surprised when I saw that other kids actually looked different. I was also sort of paranoid at first, and loved memorizing her features, but also found it practical so that just in case she was kidnapped, (I know, I said paranoid) if I ran into her one day, I'd still be able to recognize the grown-up version of her and bring her back home.

Ma.lis.sa said...

awww that picture is awesome.

and yes, I started eating the carne in November. yum yum yum

Peter Greene said...

What a babe! Nice to see that you are doing so well-- love this modern technology!

Diane CaƱate said...

I miss my little Nashed potato!