3.07.2007

tv sucks

stevie bevie and i were just discussing how badly tv sucks these days (i'm not talking reruns-i'm talking new shows):

mondays-there just isn't anything on to start. please let me know if there's something worth watching out there and i just didn't get the memo.

tuesdays-the boy-half of american idol is like watching karaoke at the local club. "house" is good most of the time, but starting to get a little old/predictable. and somedays i just can't handle house's attitude. usually by the end of the day on tuesday i'm already at my wit's end, so the last thing i need is his negativity.

wednesday-you wait the whole day in anticipation for "lost" and it is a total letdown. the girl-half of american idol is much better, but i still can't say it's worth watching.

then comes thursday- it's about friggin time! (choir of angels)- COMEDY NIGHT! the thought of it is sometimes the only thing that gets me through the week. the night starts of on the low end with "earl" and gets better and better as we progress through "the office," "scrubs," and "30 rock", leaving me satisfied recharged to finish the week.

friday & saturday- pretty much a bust- which is fine for you single kids, but for those of us who are stuck at home cause the kid is in bed, it's a serious problem.

sunday-desperate housewives. it's still got me, but it's becoming absolutely ridiculous.

so we're back to the 3 S's, but sometimes reruns are too rerun-if i have to watch the soup nazi one more time this year i might..... and theres scrubs at 10:05-still going stong in my book because i just recently started tuning in so it's all new and exciting. (stevie bevie voted that scrubs still has a ways to go before being considered as the 4th S).

i do have one little confesion to make....i sort of like "hogan knows best." it may just be their wallpaper (in the Miami house), but something about that show grabs me....

5 comments:

Alifinale said...

You've come to the right TV addict. Monday night you have your pick of 24 and Heroes. Both great shows.

Tuesday night does kind of suck, unless you love the Gilmore Girls, which I do.

Wed night has Friday Night lights as well (Brian got me hooked believe it or not - he freaks out if I change the channel) But Lost is still worth it, even the dumb episodes.

Friday night you got my guilty pleasure, Las Vegas. But the season finale totally sucked last week.

I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

I like this other Ali...I agree with her on Las Vegas, which is not the highlight of the tv week, but I still find myself not being able to miss it ever. Thank heavens for tivo. I am a bit surprised Lance or I didn't even get a small shoutout for Comedy night...but it's cool, i'm not that insecure-i know you love me. I can't wait until I have a kid and am forced to watch more tv.

Anonymous said...

oh and i love hogan knows best too!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

alifinale- i am sorry but i just cannot watch gilmore girls. believe me, i have tried-but they never stop talking! it drives me crazy! heroes scares me for some reason. not like scared of the dark scarey, but it's just weird. i haven't given it a shot though, so i will try it out. i'm not a fan of 24 though. i only made it through half of the first season before i got bored!

ali- you are right, i should have given you a shout out on comedy night. maybe i'll make up for it soon....

Anonymous said...

Your right, TV DOES suck! So rent movies instead. That said, try CSPAN and King of the Hill.