3.13.2007

3 observations about blogs

1. if no one leaves comments, you feel worthless-does anyone even read this? i keep hearing "your blog is so funny!" "when are you going to post again?", well, when you start showing you care (by commenting)-that's when.

2. people seem to use blogging as a way to express frustrations about other people without directly saying so. for example, yesterday i read alifinale's blog entry about her child's "sleepy eyes." my husband is the brother-in-law mentioned as saying "she looks stoned." oops! of course, steve meant no harm in the comment and we adore little emmers, but apparently he has hit a soft spot. so blogging is a way to tell people to quit being rude without actually having to tell them to their faces! from now on steve will make no such comments (or else....).

3. the best way to use your blog to slap someone in the face is to restrict their access to it. for example, my brother-in-law has had a public blog for quite some time now. somehow, word got out to his father that said blog existed. now, whether or not there was anything offensive to my father-in-law on that blog (and i'm almost sure there was plenty), bri bri quickly reacted by restricting access to the blog. so when i tried to see if he had added any recent posts last night, i received the "slap in the face" i am speaking of. here, try it: bri bri's blog. apparently there's a party in there and you're not invited! feels like you just got sent to your room for bad behavior, huh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the restricted blog thing is so true! Keep posting I read this and I think it's great!
Love you
Melissa D.

Alifinale said...

I don't really care that Steve says Emery looks stoned, like I said I can't really argue with it. I just don't love the random people comments. Cute blog, btw. Now that I know about it I will comment like crazy!

Alifinale said...

PS - Bri isn't doing anything on his blog right now so don't be too sad. And we blame you for the whole father finding out... :)

Sammy Pow said...

My blog is dead. I ran out of steam. Maybe if I can find my own niche I'll start blogging again. Your blog is fun though.

Alifinale said...

The thing I hate about communication through the interweb is you never know if people know the tone of what you are saying. Bri said I was rude saying we blame you...so I am sorry. I was just teasing.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

well, i have to blameshift to holwonder. like i would tell brad about the blogging world! yikes. once i heard he found out i had to change a few things myself. luckily, i already had the "disclaimer to mom and dad" entry!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

bri bri- let me back in to your world...

{lizzythebotanist} said...

ali-i now know how you feel. i have recently been told by two people that nash is "fussy". i beg to differ, i think he just likes mommy best.